Monday, May 16, 2011

Free Range Eggs and EOGs



Tomorrow, my boys will start to take the NC EOGs (End of Grade tests). Since I've been feeding them Dunkin Donuts for the past two days, I decided that on the morning of the tests this week, I will make them a lovely breakfast that won't leave them crashing by noon.



Lucky for me, right down the road is a sign that states "Free Range Eggs from Eggstaordinary Chickens". Right, then! My boys will have free range eggs for breakfast! I called ahead to the phone number on the sign, and then drove down a long, winding driveway and pulled around the back of a lovely red farmhouse.



I was pleasantly greeted by Diane and Steve Mullhollem. Diane and Steve have lived on the property since 1972. They have numerous breeds of chickens and a few roosters, too. It's a beautiful little farm, one that I imagine myself living on. The chickens are fed organic feed, and they run around in a giant chicken playground. They have brown eggs and white eggs for $2.50 per dozen. I now know exactly where our eggs are coming from!


In chatting with Diane and Steve, I found out that their grandson, Dillon, play on the Corinth Holders Pirates baseball team, and that Diane knows my Dad because she works at First Citizens Bank in Clayton. Small world. I love living the rural life in Archer Lodge...


Stop in and pick up a dozen or so of these beautiful eggs. Cedar Bottom Farm is located on Buffalo Road in Archer Lodge. Give them a call at (919) 553-5309.

No comments:

Post a Comment